Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sick of Hollywood's "expectations"

I just read the most annoying story. Well... not the most annoying but it's becoming a trend. The article was at US Magazines website where they state how two of the male pro dancers on Dancing with the Stars are complaining about how Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer "gained weight" over the summer. Um.... neither of them are fat. Neither! I'm getting so sick and tired of people going on about weight in Hollywood. Like people saying Eva Longoria Parker is "fat". Oh my ..NO! She went from a size 00 to a size 0. GASP! Oh the horror. And that's FAT? Are you kidding me. Or Selma Blair complaining about the roles on her chin and how her shorts for her tv show Kath & Kim dig into her fat thighs. WHAT? For once she looks healthy. This is why so many young and old people alike feel self-concious about their appearances. I mean, I'm not the skinniest nor fattest person around... and I know I need to lose weight. But it's more for my health and that then what Hollywood says is perfect. But it's taken me YEARS to feel like this. And I still feel self-concious about my appearance compared to others. But there are girls/women out there who see these celebrities and go "oh.. so that's what's "perfect". No wonder why I'm single" or stuff like that. So they starve themselves or binge/purge until it takes over their lives and ruins everything for them. Not everyone has a personal trainer or chef to help keep them at their "ideal" weight. Nor do we have those options when we have a baby and are trying to lose the "baby" weight. You hear these women talking about how they work out for like an hour or more a day for like 5 or 6 days a week. I'm sorry but when my son was born I slept when he slept and I had NO time to really work out. I mean I guess I could have but that would've meant taking time away from him. I guess it's just frustrating, especially when you read articles where men/fellow co-workers are complaining about someone's weight. I think Cheryl & Lacey look amazing.
I do have to say I enjoyed reading an article regarding some of the actresses from the new Beverly Hills 90210 where the guys complained the girls were too skinny! YES! It's about time!

2 comments:

evilangel813 said...

Amen sister!!! That's all folks.

archersangel said...

i couldn't have said it better